Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is the end here?

It seems that the more time we are on this earth it becomes more and more apparent as is should have been all along that Matthew 26:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." So when someone like Harold Camping comes along and says that He knows when the world will end does anyone else see that if this verse it true which we know it is. Then Harold Camping is putting himself on the same level as the Father that he as one who claimed to know that the rapture would occur today. As we knew he would be he was wrong once again. According the book of Isaiah in chapter 48 verse11 "For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it; For how should My name be profaned? And I will not give My glory to another."  Why does God not wipe out the earth as we deserve? God gives his reason that he doesn't "For the sake of My name I delay My wrath, And for My praise I restrain it for you, In order not to cut you off.” The reasons that God didn’t God wipe Israel out and why doesn’t he wipe us out because it would make him look bad. God couldn’t careless what it means for us whether it means us if it means we are like Paul who says in 2 Corinthians 11:24-27
Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.” 

 If God finds me to be that privileged may I be able to suffer as Paul.  God will do whatever he wants.We need to be remembering that when God sees fit he will command the Son to return and as Christ said in Matthew 24:4 that "You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end.” Don’t look to the wisdom of man look to the Word of God for pure truth and wisdom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment