I was recently at Mardels and I saw a book on Albert Pujols. In searching the book I found a quote that said "You'd be surprised how many people I witnessed to at first base" He is also quotes as asking an opposing player who was on first base "What do you think is going to happen when you die?"
After reading this I was partially shocked. I had always heard Albert Pujols was a Christian, but witnessing to opposing players in the middle of a game. This should encourage those Christians who do witness at every opportunity. It should also shame those who don't. Even when most people would be focused on the game he takes the opportunity the God has given him. How many of us take the opportunity the is given to us?
Do we not believe that "So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ," (Romans 10:17) and "How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?" (Rom.10:14) May God truly convict us for not sharing His word with a dying world full of dead sinner who need to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.
Here is a short part of Pujolses testimony
"Over the last decade my life has radically changed. I went from being a kid with a dream in the Dominican Republic, to playing professional baseball, Rookie of the Year, National League MVP, and winning a Gold Glove and World Championship!
What has not changed is my love for Jesus Christ. In the spring of 1998, my soon to be wife, Deidre, began sharing with me the love of Jesus. My most exciting moment came when I asked Jesus Christ to come into my life. If it weren't for Jesus, I would not be where I am today and my life would be without purpose. I've heard kids say they want to be just like me when they grow up. They should know I want to be just like Jesus."
Soli Deo Gloria.
No comments:
Post a Comment