When I arrived at Southwest Baptist University I was looking forward to being taught by Christian professors, attending chapel where i would be taught God's word and getting a Christian education. After attending for a few years my view has been changed although this university still says on the outside that it is a Christian university in the classes there are very few professors that even pray before class begins. In the theological department there are rare occasions when the scripture is opened, and in the chapel services we have had a handful of speakers that have opened a Bible or even mentioned Jesus. I have been taught the social gospel which just basically tells me to clean the outside of the cup and don't try to clean the inside of the cup that will come with time. You have to meet peoples physical needs first you don't want them to be turned off to the gospel. First of all we are called to "preach the word be ready in season and out of season to give a defense for the hope that is within us" (2 Tim.4:2) Secondly , if God want to save someone there is nothing I can do to change that I am not more powerful than God. As Christians we are told to make disciple not converts or friends. We need to learn that being a Christian is hard and it is not the popular thing to do. The disciples were murdered for their faith and the have been millions of our brothers and sisters in the faith who have been killed. Being Martyred use to be seen as a privilege. Now we are taught not to offend people and be socially acceptable. As Paul said in the beginning of his letter to the Galatians " If I wanted to the approval of men I wouldn't be a servant of Christ" If we don't desire to see people to come to faith in Christ and disciple them then we are like salt that has lost it's saltiness we should be thrown to the ground to be trampled on by men. As the Christian rapper Lecrae says
"Lord kill me If I don't preach the gospel I'm still in my 20's- but I'll die if I got to Already dead- so forget my flesh I done been crossed over see the full court press I'm a full court mess if the Lord don't use me Running from my trials thinkin everythangs groovy If the Cross don't move me then I don't wanna breath no mo If I ain't seeing Christ potna I don't wanna see no mo."
My desire is to see my university be saved from this Liberal anti-gospel trap and that we may have a revival of the word of God that it would be placed where is must be in our hearts and minds . That we desire to share it with the lost to see them come to repentance no matter the cost. As John Piper is quoted as saying "God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in him" May we desire the word of God and share the truth so that many will come to salvation. Soli Deo Gloria in the highest.
The Piper quote is, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him".
ReplyDeleteThank you i will correct it
ReplyDelete